What causes stomach upset,nausea and headache after taking Ciprofloxacin?
May be due to drug induced Gastritis.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have recently finished a course of antibiotic Ciprofloxacin for 5 days and is now having nausea,headache etc.
Ciprofloxacin is known to have side effects of gastritis .The symptoms that you are mostly due to drug induced gastritis due to Ciprofloxacin.
Please take H2 receptor antagonist like Pantaprozole twice daily for a week.
Modify your diet
By taking sumptuous quantity of milk ,buttermilk curd etc,
Take frequent meals in small quantity instead of two full mills.
Avoid meat,spicy food,junk food.
Hope this should resolve your problem within a week.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headaches after taking lidocaine
- What causes a painful stomach after taking alcohol
- What causes stomach pain and headache during menstruation
- What can cause headache dizziness and bloating of stomach
- What causes headache and sore stomach
- What si the cause for headache after taking xanax
- What is the cause of headache after an abortion
- What is the cause of headache after taking abortion pills
- What causes headaches dizzy and stomach sickness
- What causes persistent diahorrea despite taking metronidazole and ciprofloxacin
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?