What causes stomach upset, indigestion and loose stools?
I had some bad chicken starter on Saturday night (05/03/2016) at a restaurant. My 21 month son also had some of that with me where as my wife ate only the veg items. My son is having stomach upset with indigestion but isn't passing stools again and again, but I'm having lose motions since now 2 days. I have just started Imodium last night but am having stomach cramps also now. Do I need to move to norflox or some other proper medicine. Unfortunately I'm out of city and can't visit the doctor also !
Stomach infection; follow as advised
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
From your history and symptoms, it looks like a case of stomach infection, probably due to food poisoning. Imodium might reduce the frequency of loose motions but the infection has to be taken care of too. So you should start antibiotics like norfloxacin-tinidazole or ofloxacin-ornidazole.
Along with, I will suggest the following-
Soft bland diet, lots of water orally.
ORS solution depending upon frequency of stools.
Dicyclomine for stomach cramps.
Imodium can be continued.
So start antibiotics, follow the above too.
Hope this was useful.
Consult me for any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can enterogermina cause stomach upset
- Stomach upset causes
- What is the remedy for stomach upset
- Stomach upset yellow stools
- Will pediasure cause stomach upset
- Does lidocaine cause stomach upset
- What causes stomach upset and nausea during masturbation
- Orange juice causing stomach upset
- Can infection cause stomach upset
- What causes stomach upset and exhaustion when on prempro