question-icon

What causes stomach rumbling and excruciating pain while suffering from constipation?

Posted on Thu, 18 Oct 2018
Question: I am having problems with constipation and also when I bend over something in my abdomen rolls over and and it is excruciating until I stretch backwards and goes back into place.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (40 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You need to have an imaging test done!

Detailed Answer:

Your information suggests there could be a XXXXXXX segment or structure in the abdomen whose change in position causes pain. I will suggest that you get a complete abdominal examination and imaging tests: CT scan of the abdomen and also an ultrasound to review the structures within the abdomen. It would be interesting to adopt a similar position that often provokes your symptoms for comparison purposes as well.

Kindly discuss this with your doctor and let me know what the findings are. I wish you well.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah (13 hours later)
Would that be better than a colonoscopy? My father had colon cancer, was operated on and cyst removed and he was ok.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
A colonoscopy would not see this!

Detailed Answer:

A colonoscopy looks inside the colon only.
It cannot see what is happening outside and any other structures.

If you have not had a screening colonoscopy before or the last is more than 5-10 years, it is time to get another one.
Could you provide additional details that wouldn't be gotten on imaging.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Ivo Ditah,
Dr. Ivo Ditah