What causes stomach pain?

Question
hii doctor
my wife has stomoch pain since last week i have meet doctor for treatment he is given pain killer meftal and rentec also, she has much more pain please advise
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please give some more details.

Detailed Answer:
hi,
please mention where exactly the pain is located like around umblicus or in the upper abdomen-right or left or in the loin.
Also specify the type- like burning or squeezing or constant low boring pain.
Is it aggravated by food or anything, is there vomiting sensation or relation to periods?
Your description is very important in identifiying the cause so that best treatment can be offered.
All the best.

Follow-up: What causes stomach pain? 7 minutes later
Doctor

she has pain upper abdomen paint apart from that after getting the food she has more pain,and stomach be com more tight (gas) no vometing. she is reales the more gas from mouth.pls help

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
gastritis.

Detailed Answer:
hi XXXXXX,
it seems like a pain of gastritis (originating from stomach)
First stop meftal as it can aggravate the pain.
you may start her on Tab Pantop 40 mg once a day and syrup Digecaine twice a day for 5 days.
Donot allow her to take hot and spicy items.
she should be fine soon.

Follow-up: What causes stomach pain? 6 minutes later
she is not get rlif paint after takent meftal please adise me the best pain killer med. she was taken meftal 3 hrs ago. but till now not yet gon pain pls help

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
given.

Detailed Answer:
She may try Tab. Buscopan twice a day. Please ask me for any further assistance you need.