What causes stomach pain with lower back pain?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: A male 35 years old thinks he got very dehydrated the last 2 days. He cramping in his stomach and his lower back is bothering him. He feels like he needs a bowel movement but only gas and possibly a bloody black stool is all he's getting. ????
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to Bacillary dysentry

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greeting of the Day

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

The symptoms of pain in abdomen , sense of incomplete evacuation ( Tenesmus ) associated with blood ( i hope there is no pain in anal region while passing stools ) suggest the possibility of colitis as cause of symptoms. The symptoms are typical of Bacillary dysentry.
I would suggest you the following

1. Ensure good intake of fluid: Oral Rehydration solution and water
2. Maintain nutrition
3. Antibiotic: Combination of Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole taken twice a day for 7 days will be helpful
4. Anstipasmodic : Drotaverine wil help in symptomatic relief of abdominal pain

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance will be glad to assist you.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS,MD