question-icon

What causes stomach pain, vomiting followed by bowel movement?

Posted on Thu, 21 Jul 2016
Question: i woke up at 3am with stomache pains. the pain came in waves, it caused gaging and vomiting. I had nothing but foam and liquid to vomit. this went on from 3am to 5am. today I am still having moderate pain and bowel movements. it is now 3pm here

I forgot when I woke up from the pains my face was covered in sweat.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. pain all of a sudden in the middle of the night with vomiting and abdominal cramps is likely due to some gastric discomfort like stomach flu, gastritis, food poisoning etc. nothing to worry about,take some pepto, zantan you already took, if it does not help try proton pump inhibitors like nexium, prilosec etc. Modify diet and lifestyle, eat small frequent meals, avoid pain killers meds, drink more fluids and take mor efiber, avoid dairy, spicy, fatty, processed, canned foods. Avoid coffee, soda, alcohol, beverages etc.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan