What causes stomach pain, vomiting, dry mouth and severe headache?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My 17 year old daughter started having stomach pain, vomiting, and severe headache yesterday morning. It has been more than 24 hours and she doesn't appear to be any better. She also is experiencing dry mouth, which she often experiences when she is sick.what could this be?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis, peptic ulcer disease

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

The most likely diagnosis is gastritis or peptic ulcer disease. PPIs, metoclopramide and fluid replacement would be the mainstay of the treatment. If there is associated diarrhea then gastroenteritis can be the cause for which antibiotics and fluid replacement would be required. If the symptoms don't respond to the empiric treatment then other causes such as pancreatitis or raised intracranial pressure can be considered and worked up accordingly. You should take her to an ER near you for the appropriate treatment.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil