What causes stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea?

Posted on Mon, 30 Jun 2014 in General Health
Question: Today morning I had upma + milk( Home made) . After coming to office i had severe stomach pain and then motion + vomitings at a time. Even now i have mild stomach pain. Please let me know the medicine for stomach pain? Or Could you please tell me the reason for stomach pain?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be Acute Gastro-enteritis

Detailed Answer:
Namasthe
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms XXXXXX,

The cause of your symptoms is less likely to be XXXXXXX or milk( provided it was properly boiled), its more likely to be due to what you have consumed the previous.
Whatever is the source of it, as you have developed Acute gastro-enteritis along with intestinal colic it needs to be treated.

I would suggest you following

1. Antispasmodic: Drotaverine is a good antispasmodic and will help relieve pain. One of the brand name is Hifenac Spas
2. Antacid and anti-emetic: Combination of Pantoprozole and Domperidone will take care of nausea and vomiting
3. Probiotic: Start with some probiotic for your loose stools
4. Preferably consume soft diet: Curd rice, juice will be helpful . Avoid milk for next couple of days

Start with the medications and you should see improvement.
Do get back to me anytime, if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. You can write to me directly.
Wishing you speedy recovery

Take Care
Best Regards
Dr Deepak Kishore
MBBS,MS,MCH
Consultant Surgeon

Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take Care

Detailed Answer:
Take Care XXXXXX
Let me know anytime you need any assistance.
Wishing you happy, healthy and prosperous life
Deepak
Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon