What causes stomach pain upon waking up?

Question
My son is complaining of stomach pain after wake up , the upper stomach is paining for him. After eating he is alright. This is happening almost every day. Earlier Doctor told to avoid milk on empty stomach so he has discontinued milk on empty stomach for more than one year now. But still he is having this stomach pain, Is there any home remedy or medication ? Please suggest.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Kampana 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Maybe gastritis.

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. I think your son is having gastritis. Early morning stomach pain is usually do to stress causing gastritis. Is the pain associated with loose stools or constipation? Does he have nausea or vomiting?

Have you got any lab test done? If yes please upload them so that i can help you better.

I would suggest he takes tab. junior lanzol 15 mg once daily half an hour before breakfast. These are dissolvable tablets.

It is good if he has lots of curds and a glass of buttermilk before going to bed. Ask him to drink lots of water. He shud have small frequent meals or snacks every 2 to 3 hours.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,

Follow-up: What causes stomach pain upon waking up? 9 hours later
Thank you Dr. for your response. The stomach pain is most often followed by loose stools. Rarely does he complain of constipation or vomiting. We haven't done stool test yet. Do you think we should go for one ?

Is this condition temporary or can it become chronic ? what are the prevention measures.

Answered by Dr. Kampana 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Skin test may help.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Symptoms looks like food allergy leading to gastritis. As its already been for a year, I would suggest he gets an allergy test done which is a skin test to find out which food is causing him an allergy. Stool test will rule out any infections but it is very unlikely.

If its food allergy it usually is chronic, but can be easily controlled by avoiding that particular food. With time your son may overcome it too.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,