• question-icon

What causes stomach pain, frequent urination and soreness in upper abdomen?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have been having stomach issues with frequent urination both at night and during the day. My stomach aches like I have held my urine too long/ and or it feels as though it's hunger pains at the same time. Lots of stomach gurgling, sometimes upper abdomen is sore. ** 5 members of my immediate family have had their gallbladder out
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Recommendations for ruling out your possible problem

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using HCM to post your health question.

I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

I don't know if you had done any workout until now, but seems that you are taking the right medications.
--My recommendations would be to consider doing a urine analyse to rule out urinary tract infection;
--Also, you will need a prostate ultrasound to check out if the urine problem comes from it. The ultrasound will check other organs as well like the gallbladder, kidneys,ect and check for stones.
--The medication you are taking will help with the stomach problem. try having a healthy diet with plenty of fibers, fruits and and 4-5 meals/day, small amounts.
-- your age is approaching to the time when you will need a colonoscopy (50 years old). Keep that in mind and after doing a stool for occult blood, if it comes positive you may consider it earlier.

These are my recommendations. Let me know if you have done any of those. Let me know also if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Klarida Papaqako