What causes stomach pain during menopause?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I just went thru menopause I had my last period in January now my insides ache all the time. what could be wrong?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details please

Detailed Answer:

Please provide following details which will help me to answer your question better:

1. What are the exact areas where it pains.

2. What time of day it pains. Is it there always ?

3. What are measures that reduce this pain.

4. Do you have recent ultrasound scan report ?
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 18 minutes later
it hurts down low in the center. the time of day doesn't make any difference.... sometimes heat helps however Tylenol doesn't help.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hormone variation

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for additional information.

This pain is likely to be due to variation in hormones at menopause.

Menopause leads to variation in hormones and especially oestrogen deficiency which causes such symptoms.

This can be corrected by HRT therapy. If you are willing, you can discuss and start HRT under your doctor's guidance.

Let me know if you need anymore clarification.