• question-icon

What causes stomach pain, diarrhea, gas and left chest pain?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Woke up with bad stomach pain, had diarrhea and bad gas, getting waves of cramping pain that shoot up my left chest and down my arm with the stomach cramp, still have bad gas too. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably food poisoning or intolerance!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. They are suggestive of a possible food related intoxication or intolerance. This often happens when we eat food which was not properly handled or had stayed for so long. For now, drinking much water and a drug for pain is all I recommend. These symptoms often subside within 24-48hours and really do not need any aggressive medical intervention. For the cramps, take Hyoscine for relief. Monitor closely and report progress to me within 24hours for more insights and guidance.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up, so the pain that radiates up my chest and arm is basically stomach related, scared me that it was my heart
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not hear pain related!

Detailed Answer:

Your pain is not typical of any heart related condition. Your age, absence of risk factors and nature pf pain is really against possible heart related origin. I will suggest that you stay calm and monitor only. With Diarrhea and bad gas, the heart is totally not a possible cause: The digestive system is!

I hope this helps. I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 9 minutes later
Thanks doc!!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your kind words. Keep me posted. I wish you well.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah