What causes stomach pain and sore nipples after taking Progynova and Duphaston?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
My doctor prescribed me progynova 2 mg and Duphaston 10mg twice a day for 2 weeks after undergone IUI procedure but after 1 day taking the med i had gastric pain,bad pre menstrual symptom and nipple sore for 2 and half day and the pain is now gone should i continue the med back?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can continue

Detailed Answer:
Progynova contains estradiol. It helps in thickening of endometrium.
Duphaston contains progesterone.
It helps in implantation and maintenance of pregnancy.
Some amount of side effects can be experienced with these drugs.
But usually benefits overweight risks here.
You can restart them and can use as advised by your doctor.
If side effects recur, you may stop the drugs and can use natural micronized progesterone with your doctor's advice. Possibly this can help in supporting the pregnancy and in avoiding side effects.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion.