What causes stomach pain and joint pains?

Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am not doing any better. I still have so much pain in stomach and now I feel like I have pain in every nerve and joint in my body. Every doctor I've gone to doesn't seem to have answer as to what's causing the pain. Each day seems worse than the one before. I have even tried acupuncture with no results. I next step may be a neurologist
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult neuro, examination and inv required.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

Consultation with a neurologist should be done to look for any organic cause of the pain.
Organic pain implies pain occurring due to some disease process in the body.
There is pain which can occur in the absence of any disease process.
This type of pain is somatiform type of pain implying that pain is manifestation of some other stressor in body most commonly psychological problem.

A couple of investigations may be required.
Management can be instituted after clinical assessment and investigations.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Shailja Puri 19 hours later
Thank you very much for your reply
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thanks and take care

Detailed Answer:
Thanks and take care

Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj