What causes stomach pain and fullness after small area?

Dr. Eric Goldstein

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi ,
My 9 year old daughter is a little over 50 lbs and about 49 inches tall. She frequently complains of belly aches and fullness after a small meal .She does get constipated . She also experiences shortness of breath after a big meal . She also has allergies year round.Would a tonic like Liv 52 help her ?
Thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Belly Aches

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question.
There is nothing harmful in taking Liv 52. Understand, however, that there is no guarantee that it will make a difference.
We should also consider addressing the constipation as this is anbig component of the problem. Look to add fiber rich foods to the diet. Consider, even, adding a fiber supplement to her daily regimen. Frequently, by easing the constipation, the other problems improve, or even resolve.
Follow up: Dr. Eric Goldstein 11 hours later
What kind of fiber supplement could I give a 9 year old?
Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Finer supplement

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for the follow up question.
Actually, children can take powdered fiber supplements, the same as adults take, only in smaller amounts.
One teaspoon twice pee day is a good place to start.