question-icon

What causes stomach pain and foul smell from anus?

Posted on Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Question: My son has a bad smell coming from his behind and has had stomach pain for nearly a week
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It could be due to infection of the gut.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Stomach pain could be due to infection of the gut.
Somac can be helpful.But,Panadol is of not much use.
Smell from behind could be due to bacteria in the Colon.It may also cause pain.Smell also depends on the food he is taking.
Usually, I prescribe Antibiotic like Rifaximine tablet along with Pre and Probiotic capsule, an Anti spasmodic tablet containing Dicyclomine to my patients with similar complaints. Results were very good.
Avoid outside food.Stop Non vegetarian food for few days.
Nothing to worry. It will come down.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon