What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Experiencing mild stomach pain but having frequent but small anal discharges of a clear mucous like material sometime flecked with fecal matter sometime small threads of blood.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Gastritis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Stomach pain could be due to Gastritis .It might have occurred because of Aspirin intake.I prescribe Tablet Rabeprazole 20mg twice daily before food to my patients with similar complaints.
Blood in the stool could be due to Haemorrhoids or Fissure in ano. You should take high fiber diet,eat fresh fruits and vegetables, drink plenty of liquids.
If your stool is soft,bleeding will be stopped.
Inspite of dietary modifications if the symptoms still persist, you could consult your doctor and ask for COLONOSCOPY.
Some amount of mucus in the stool is normal.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad