What causes stomach pain and bloating?

Posted on Mon, 14 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: Could I be pregnant cause I feel bloated and stomache pain?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not very common as signs of pregnancy. However, ideal to do a preg test

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The commonest signs of pregnancy are generally not seeing a period, urinating more frequently than normal, nausea and at times vomiting. An increased size of the abdomen usually sets in later. Abdominal pain and being bloated is experienced by some women, but is relatively uncommon as a sign of pregnancy.

At your age, it is possible at times to have changes in the regularity, intensity and duration of period. factors like stress and at times some drugs can alter periods.

Some women could also be pregnant for some time and not get any early signs apart from an absent period.

I however recommend , to be more sure and calm, a simple over the counter good quality pregnancy test. It is possible in case you had unprotected sex. But the circumstances you describe are not very much suggestive of a pregnancy. But I recommend you get to do a pregnancy test.

Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain