What causes stomach pain after eating food and slow digestion?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: When I eat it's painful and I feel the food is going down very slow
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Provide additional information, might be due to esophagitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Wely.
I have gone through your query.

I need to know more details about your condition to be better able to help you.
How long is the problem?
Is it acute meaning from just now or for many days?
Is it associated with sweating, breathless or chest pain?
Do you have acidity problem or gastroesophageal reflux disease?

Presently based on the little information provided by you I feel it might be esophagitis.
I would suggest you to take acid reducing agent it will prevent further damage to esophagus, you can take capsule omeprazole 20 mg once daily empty stomach, before breakfast for seven days. Avoid spicy food, alcohol and smoking if you do. Take Cold liquids orally. This is all to start on an immediate basis. There should be improvement with this measures.

If your symptoms worsens, I would suggest you to see general surgeon for examination and also for endoscopy, further management can be decided based on the report.

Kindly provide information asked for, it will be helpful for us in assessing your condition.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad