What causes stomach pain after an MTP abortion?
My wife was pregnant and 12 days above regular period date(on 12th). Then she took MTPIL on 12th XXXXXXX night and bleeding started on 13th evening. Bleeding happened for 3 days. Then she was fine, but 2 days back, stomach pain started and she don't like to eat anything. is this possible that abortion was not happened ?
we have a 2 years old baby, it was born through C-section. my wife is AB- and i am AB+. After our baby was born, she was given Rhoclone 300mcg. is this injection required now also ? If possible can u please explain the purpose of this injection.
Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
Since she is a previous caesarean i will advice to get a sonography pelvis to check any free fluid or left over parts of fetus.
YES she will need rhoclone but this time only 50 mcg as its an MTP/ abortion and not full pregnancy.
This drug is given to women with negative blood group to prevent damage to the baby which has a chance of having positive blood group.
She has to take it every time she gets pregnant.
Get a sonography as soon as possible and let me know.
Feel free to consult me directly
Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of stomach pain after abortions
- What causes stomach pain after having a fall
- What is the cause for constant stomach pain after delivery
- What causes stomach pain after eating food
- What causes stomach pains before and after meals
- What causes stomach pain after consuming beef
- What is the cause of stomach pain after a hysterectomy
- What causes stomach pains and diarrhea after eating
- What causes vomiting and stomach pain after eating
- What causes stomach pain after skipping period