What causes stomach pain after 8 hours of sleep?
Gastritis Needs supportive care
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern , with history of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and use of corticosteroids and bronchodilators, i am afraid this stomach pain you get sporadically is likely a gastric discomfort ( gastritis , gastric ulcer) and needs more than ranitidine. With diet restriction and inability to take more than a few bites, eye should be kept for functional bowel decline symptoms like irritable bowel syndrome too.
Right now you need a strong antacid like proton pump inhibitors like nexium, a mucosal protective agent like sucralfate, a gastric motility enhancing medication and a complete diet and lifestyle modifications. Eat small frequent meals, avoid spices, stimulants, processed canned foods, confectionaries, chocolates, soda, beverages, alcohol etc. Prefer fiber and take more fluids. Exercise regularly and see if it helps.
Talk to a gastroenterologist and let them help you further in this regard. I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of stomach pain after abortions
- What causes stomach pain after having a fall
- What is the cause for constant stomach pain after delivery
- What causes stomach pain after eating food
- What causes stomach pains before and after meals
- What causes stomach pain after consuming beef
- What is the cause of stomach pain after a hysterectomy
- What causes stomach pains and diarrhea after eating
- What causes vomiting and stomach pain after eating
- What causes stomach pain after skipping period