What causes stomach discomfort and hunger pangs when not hungry?
Likely to be gastritis/duodenitis
Welcome and thanks for the query.
The commonest cause of hunger pangs when not hungry is an inflammation of the stomach or duodenum which can later develop into a peptic ulcer.
Try taking a tablespoonful of an antacid like gaviscon and see if there is any change to the pain. If there is then it is very likely to be that and you can confirm it through a gastroduodenoscopy. You would feel better with proton pump group medicines like omeprazole.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does spicy food cause stomach discomfort
- Could the intake of cipro causes stomach discomfort and constipation
- Stomach discomfort and dizziness when lying down
- Cause of constant stomach discomfort and vomiting
- Stomach discomfort causes
- Stomach discomfort when sitting down
- What causes stomach discomfort
- Penicillin vk is causing me a lot of stomach discomfort
- What is the remedy for stomach discomfort in the morning
- Stomach discomfort bloat allways hungry symtom