What causes stomach cramps during pregnancy?

Question
Hello Dr,

My wife is 8 week pregnant and we just confirmed theough lab test. We are yet to meet dictor, but ahe she has few discomfort while sleeping when turn and sleep she always feel cramping in one side and always in right side. Very rarely the pain in abdoman.. But she is not getting pain througjt out the day but she feel discomfort and cramping pain in right side most if the time.

Is it something wrong? I studied some article about ectopic pregnancy and bit worried. Since she feel tired too. But she didn't bleeding now.

Thanks
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get Pelvic Ultrasound done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Thanks for writing to us at HCM.
Congratulations on the good news.
Mild pains in pregnancy are very common which subside over time. They may have prediliction towards one side, so that should not cause so much worry.
I will advise you to get an Ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. it will help to see the site of implantation and age of the foetus.
Drink lots of water and take folic acid tablet daily.
Get back ro me with reports.
Regards Dr Manisha

Follow-up: What causes stomach cramps during pregnancy? 54 minutes later
Thanks Dr. But just to check is it normal? I booked an appointment tomorrow but its making us sleepless.

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal to have pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, if the pain is mild there is nothing to worry as most probably its normal only.
Pain is more common on right side because gravid uterus is normally rotated to right side so puts pressure on that side only.
Visit your gynecologist with relaxed mind and everything will be fine. t
All the best

Follow-up: What causes stomach cramps during pregnancy? 45 minutes later
Thanks Dr.

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
You can get back to me and discuss reports anytime.
All the best.