What causes stomach cramps and pain in sides?

Dr. Ganesh

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am experiencing stomach cramps, worse when hungry, pain in lower right side.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis / irritable bowel syndrome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to health care magic.
Iam Dr. Ganesh.

1.Your symptoms are typically seen in case of gastritis (inflammation ) and in ulcers.

2.Since ultrasound has ruled out solid organs pathology like (liver,gall bladder,pancreas, kidneys,female organs,bladder) we are now left with bowel which is not always easy and accurately evaluated on ultrasound (presence of gas) - so your are advised to get a CT done, and i think its indicated in your case.

3.If you are my patient i would have asked for a upper gastrointestinal endoscopy also - which will evaluate the stomach pathology and can take a sample if required.

4.CT was asked to see your bowel if there is any inflammation / infection/ mass. At the same time intra abdominal vessels , mesentery and omentum.
I would recommend you to get it done.

Hope i have answered your query.
If you have any thing to ask, do not hesitate.
Thank you for approaching health care magic.
Dr. Ganesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D