What causes stomach cramps and nausea?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: I have also been cramping for the past week and over the past 3 days I have been getting nauseous. I have quite smoking cigarettes in case I am pregnant I have changed my whole lifestyle to a safe one for a baby so I need to know what's going on with me. is there anyway I can get some help on this?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Quit Smoking

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Nausea or vomiting are not associated with pregnancy alone.

2) Food poisoning also causes these symptoms along with pain abdomen.

3) You need to get ultrasound scan done to know if there is endometriosis or any other problem in womb which cause pain in abdomen.

4) Please quit smoking which will help in healthy pregnancy.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later
Will b12 vitamins give me a false positive on a pregnancy test I took a first response test and it came back positive and 5 one step test that came back negative I have been having brown discharge and spotting and my period is 3 weeks late so I went to hospital and got a urine pregnancy test done that came back negative she said I could be testing to early that I may have got lucky to get that 1 positive so I'm wondering if the b12 cause me to get that one positive or if I'm pregnant
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
False positive

Detailed Answer:

1) There is no way Vitamin B 12 would have lead to false positive pregnancy test.

2) False positive pregnancy test is common as this test has known levels of false positivity.

3) Other 2 tests are negative means you are not pregnant.

4) If you still wish to confirm please get serum beta hCG blood test to confirm the pregnancy.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 minutes later
me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for about 7 months what could be causing me to not get pregnant. I have had about 4 miscarriages and then now this I just don't know what I could do to help me get pregnant.
I do have an expired implanon birth control in my arm. I was supposed to get it removed September of last year could that be the cause of it or no?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stop smoking

Detailed Answer:

Expired implanon could cause miscarriage. Also smoking itself is a big risk factor.

Please get implanon removed and stop smoking.