What causes stomach cramps and foul smelling flatulence after consuming hard liquor?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I have noticed after consumption of hard liquor i get cramps in my stomach and for few days suffer from foul smelling flatulence. Why is it happening? Please clarify
Answered by Dr. Divakara 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its due to Pancreas or Liver problem

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Well the stomach cramps could be due to Gastritis or Pancreatitis. Well you need to avoid Alcohol for both these conditions.

Foul smelling flatulence can be due to indigestion which in turn is due to either Liver problem or Pancreas problem.

In this regard I advise you to get the following test :

Liver Function test, Serum Lipase and Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.

For the pain get a prescription for Rabeprezole and Syrup Aristozyme and use it . This shall help your problems , but do get the tests and revert back with reports.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .

Regards.
Dr. Divakara