What causes stomach cramps after excessive water intake?

Question
I am having a barium enema tomorrow morning - I have had enough water to sink a ship - still have 4 more glasses to go - I am cramping - haven't had a bowel movement and very very bloated. Help please.
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suppository will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Usually barium Enema does not need any special preparation.
Excessive consumption of water may sometimes give a feeling of fullness. Going by your description you seem to have consumed lot of water, I would suggest you not to take the remaining four glasses.
Insertion of rectal suppository containing Bisacodyl will definitely promote bowel movement. Your doctor will know about it.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD