What causes stomach bloating?

Posted on Mon, 7 Jul 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Bloated, stomach feels full all the time. never feel quite empty after bowel movement and feels like i have to go but do not. History with kidney stones. This has been going on for 7 months.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
get a colonoscopy done

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

If despite taking fiber supplement and lots of water your symptoms are persistent then in my opinion you should get a colonoscopy done to rule out any growth obstructing the passage, as this is a possibility at your age to cause these symptoms.

If that comes normal then you can take a bowel motility enhancing drug, a prokinetic, like levosulpride to help in better evacuation of bowel.

But do get a colonoscopy first as it will screen your entire colon for presence of any other diseases as well.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon