What causes stomach bloating with abdominal pain after using boric acid suppositories?
Not last night but the two previous nights I used boric acid suppositories for a yeast infection that just wouldn't go away. All day yesterday I had pain in my lower abdomen around my bladder and have had some sharp pains inside my vaginal area off and on. I read that the boric acid can cause some burning but this doesn't seem normal. Other symptoms that continue are a bloated feeling in my stomach, mild pain/ discomfort when I press on my pelvic area and a dull constant pain on the inside of me. I want to go to the doctor to get checked out but want to know if it's cause to rush to emergency or can I wait until later today? What do you think happened? Thanks so much.
Welcome to HCM.
Bloated feeling of your stomach,pain on your pelvic area and constant pain inside you arent side effect from using boric acid.
All the signs described above can be due of yeast infection because you are using only boric acid .
You may need to use over the counter creams (for yeast infection)
These are not sign of an emergency ,hence you dont need to rush to emergency but you can wait until later today.
Thanks so much for your quick response. I'm not sure if this matters but I made the suppositories myself so the dosage may not have been right (I ordered the boric acid powder from XXXXXXX along with size 0 gel caps- filled them myself). Also I felt this pain about 10 minutes after the first insertion. My lower back is also aching and now I'm getting these shooting pains in my stomach. I've never had this much pain with a yeast infection or it could be BV. The pain reminds me of when I had a cervical biopsy and they cauterized it. Could it be a chemical burn inside me? Also all of this is self diagnosed as I haven't had insurance to go to a doctor- have been waiting to get my Medi-Cal. Currently I don't have a GP or OBGYN because of my insurance situation. Should I just go to an Urgent Care? Sorry to ask all this. I'm in pain and scared about what's going on inside me.
Hi dear again.
Dont worry so much because these symptoms arent alarm for a big problem.
If these symptoms are side effect from the use of boric acid ,stop using it.
But if these symptoms aggravating after you have ceased to use boric acid ,you should go to contact with a doctor.
Have only Sitz bath with warm water 3 to 4 times a day and be calm.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Facing severe abdominal pain stomach bloats and feel heavy suggest
- Stomach bloating caused by flucloxacillin
- Does stomach bloating and abdominal pain indicate irritable bowel syndrome
- Lower abdominal pain stomach bloating irregular periods causes and treatment
- Pain after misoprostol stomach bloated
- What causes severe stomach bloating
- What causes stomach bloating symptoms
- Laxatives cause stomach bloating
- What causes upper stomach bloating
- Pain in stomach bloating after dal
- What causes black stool?
- Is Lunesta intake safe when taking Propranolol for high heart rate?
- Are there any side effects of taking APE Alpha Performance Enhancer?
- What causes fluid in Pouch of Douglas?
- What causes spotting after IUD insertion?
- What causes pink discharge,cramping,tender breasts with nausea?
- What causes foul smell from head when suffering from migraine?
- Should Estradiol intake be stopped prior to knee replacement surgery?
- What causes red blotches on skin?
- What causes vaginal bleeding after hysterectomy?