What causes stomach bloating and growling after eating food?

Dr. Muhammed Aslam

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in GERD
Question: Im 19 years old and my after i eat my stomach gets bloated and growls and it feels like im hungry and makes me pass alot of gas
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
kindly give some more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to health care magic forum.
I am Dr Aslam here to help you.
Kindly give few more details so that I can guide you better.
1)Since how many days you are having this problem?
2)Have you ever had similar complaint before?
3)Any particular food item associated?
3)Can you give me brief explaination about your food habits?

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Muhammed Aslam 1 hour later
A few day I just got done with ingunial hurnia surgery almost fully recovered and now ive been eatting basicllay fast food my whole recovery time and still now. Never had this problem before. And i eat very fast and i am currently gain weight because i was injured but im not obese or anything.
Answered by Dr. Muhammed Aslam 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
see detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
From what you said,it is most probably from acid peptic disease. Fast food is a common precipitant for this. This can be treated with acid lowering agents and antacids for a few days,along with diet modification .Be regular in food timings, avoid spicy/fried/greasy items.avoid smoking and alcohol.reduce tea and chocolate intake. Also take enough green leafy vegetables and fruits.
Other less likely causes include gall bladder disease, pancreatitis etc.To be sure,we need a detailed abdominal examination. Your doctor will guide you.
Wishing for a faster cure,Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj