What causes stomach ache along with nausea and stomach gas?

Dr. Monish De

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 17 Feb 2015 in Cancer
Question: I have been dealing with stomAch nausea and gas burning under breastbone gurgeling stomach feeling lousy.for a month. Had blood work done a week ago and everything was fine but bilirubin came up slightly high. Tonight I noticed that I am getting jaundice (yellow inside my mouth and under tongue) I am very scared after reading about pancreatic cancer and painless jaundice as well as gallblader cancer ect .is there something that could be going on that wouldn't be so awful my liver enzymes were fine. I really am a wreck and can't sleep. Thanks so much
Answered by Dr. Monish De 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CT scan of whole abdomen

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are having stomach nausea and gas burning under breastbone for a month and your bilirubin is slightly high I would advise you to do a CT scan of whole abdomen.

If any space occupying lesion is found in the scan then biopsy has to be done to rule out malignancy.

For slightly high bilirubin you can take Ursodeoxycholic Acid 150 mg tablets twice daily after food for 3 weeks with your doctors advise.

DR DE.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Monish De 6 minutes later
I got cut off what are other possibilities I said my liver enzymes are normal and I reall y need some more information I will see a doctor on wed just would like to know if there are any better possibilities
Answered by Dr. Monish De 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of Gastroesophageal reflux disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You may be suffering from Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) as your liver enzymes are normal.

Normally when you swallow your food, it first travels down the food pipe. A valve opens to let the food pass into the stomach, and then the valve closes.

With GERD, the valve does not close tightly enough.

Stomach acid and juices from the stomach flow back up into the esophagus causing stomach nausea and gas burning under breastbone.

I will advise you to take H2 blocker and proton pump inhibitor group of drugs with doctors advise.

You do not need to worry.

DR DE
Follow up: Dr. Monish De 12 minutes later
Why would I have a high bilirubin and jaundice that doesn't make sense please look at the whole picture and tell me what this could be besides cancer!!!
Answered by Dr. Monish De 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gall bladder stone

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Your symptoms suggest you are not having cancer.

You may be having gall bladder stones which can cause this slightly high bilirubin and stomach nausea and gas burning under your breastbone. It can be mixed of gastro esphageal reflux and gall stones.

Gall stones can cause obstructive jaundice.

You need to do CT scan of whole abdomen to confirm the exact diagnosis.

DR DE