What causes stinging sensation and blisters on skin?
I had one about a week and a half ago, went to my doctor who did not know what it was and wanted me to take some antibiotics and prednisone, which I declined. Today, I have another welt starting. I put some ice on it and it relieved the itching for the time being. This is the fifth time, usually about a week or two apart. Please help.
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
According to your complaints it seems to be either immunobullous disease or urticarial vasculitis.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Consult a dermatologist, get a complete work up including biopsy
I still think you might be having some immunobullous disease.
For confirmation of the condition you need to consult a dermatologist and get a work up done including a skin biopsy if required.
Meanwhile till the time you consult a doctor you can consider taking antihistaminic like tablet Chlorpheniramine 4 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching along with application of soothing agent like calamine.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching and blisters in legs
- What causes blood blisters on vagina
- Scorpion sting caused blister
- What causes a blister n ear
- What causes blisters in legs and arms
- Will blister causes thickening of skin
- What causes blisters on toes
- Skin blisters causes
- What causes fever and blisters on lip
- What is the cause of infected blister on side