Owl Image

What causes stiffness,muscles aches and soreness in mouth?

Rheumatologist
Question
I am a female age 52. I am very stiff in the am .my docter thinks it's artisis and I don't. My arms ache and elbow hut also my left leg ache from just above the knee all the way down .I have sores in my mouth sometime and the dentist ask if had lupus and reading the sympotins a I'm not sure.I forgot to add that when I am sleeping. i do alot of swelling in my shoulders , arms face and left leg. I am really stiff and hurt in the am . also have asmtha.
Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ANA test is needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

yes, stiffness, muscles aches and soreness in mouth can be a part of lupus, A simple ANA test from blood may be helpful. If it is negative, lupus can be rule out , but if positive, you need to go for further investigation.

I advice you to see a rheumatologist for the tests and can show me the reports for further discussion and treatment required.

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok