What causes stiffness and tingling in fingers?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello Dr.
Since the period of 9 months, I suffer from a cooler at parties, especially in the cooler air conditioning and when the parties sometimes gets stiff in the fingers and the sounds of the fingers when the fingers bent like a clap.
There is also sometimes tingling in the fingers and usually cool, respectively, when the hands are cold men Basic and vice versa.
I did thyroid,sugare,crb,CBC,liver and kindy and hart functions all ok
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out CTS.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. Based on the description, we need to rule out a condition called as carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). In CTS, the median nerve gets slightly compressed at the level of wrist, and may cause tingling, numbness, stiffness and pain in hands.

The diagnosis can be confirmed by doing nerve conduction studies.

There is no need to worry, as it can be easily treated with medications, if confirmed.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Thanks Dr
For the time being what I have to dot to get releaf from pain?
My second question I attach a report regarding problem on my XXXXXXX is these symptoms can be caused by XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medications can help now.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Yes, medications can help you. you can take either pregabalin or gabapentin capsules for relief of your symptoms.

These symptoms can also be caused by pinching of nerves in the neck region due to slipped discs.

MRI of cervical spine may be done at a later date, if symptoms persist.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Hi Dr
What about coldness ?is there any soultion ?
Brief Answer:
Medicines would help.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

For coldness, medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin capsules would help. Coldness is also related to the same nerve problem.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 22 minutes later
For how long and how many tablet per a day and is it effecting blood pressure because I am talking a medicine (enalapril 10 mg)
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Reply is below.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Pregabalin is used at a dose of 75 mg to 300 mg per day. If you were my patient, I would start a dose of 75 mg at bedtime and I would review you after one month.

Pregabalin would not affect the blood pressure or it does not interact with enalapril.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)