What causes stiffness and pain in the muscles and joints?

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: experiencing sore, stiff muscles & joints. Everything 'cracks' if I sit or stand for more than 5 min.
I only feel good when I stretch, then exercise, though stiffness returns after 30 min.

now, my skin is very sensitive . . . not my limbs, only my torso, front & back
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D deficiency, Anaemia

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

It is possible that you have Vitamin D deficiency. Do get tested for the same. Also test for anaemia.

Perform regular physiotherapy to strengthen the involved muscles.

Eat healthy. Keep well hydrated. Do regular brisk walking exercise for 45 minutes.

Take Calcium, Vitamin D and multivitamin supplements.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 20 minutes later
thank you.

I take a large multi vitamin every morning & a chewy multi at night
. . . but, I do not get much dairy. I have almond milk in the morning.
I'll increase D & calcium and hope for the best.

I workout 6X/ week

one other piece . . . I have 2 tears in my rotator tendons. I've had 2 PRP treatments past 6 weeks. Any chance that has anything to do with this ?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Perform warm-up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the reply.

It may be that you aren't doing adequate warm-up exercise before starting the main exercise.

Perform Yoga for stress relief. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.

Your Rotator cuff tears have nothing to do with your overall problems.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana