What causes stiffness and pain all over the body?

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am experiencing extreme stiffness and all over pain. This came on quickly.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

This could be due to wide variety of causes. At your age commonly it's arthritis and muscle fatigue with Vitamin D deficiency.

Take a warm water bath. Continue Ibuprofen for 5 days. Take Tablet Vitamin D3 with Calcium supplements for 3 months.

Do daily walking exercise for 45 minutes. Very enough sunlight exposure with the protection of sunscreen.

Get blood tests for Thyroid hormones, blood sugar, Serum Vitamin D3, Serum Uric acid.

Do upload these values for my reference.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj