What causes stiffness and dull pain in the upper back?
Could ne spasm due to cervical spondylosis.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic surgeon.
Stiffness of dull pain in upper back is generally caused by neck problems- like cervical spondylosis. Any pain or stiffness will be aggravated by deep breathing.
I suggest you start pain killers ,muscle relaxants , and physiotherapy for neck. If you do not feel relief in few days go for X ray of neck .
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower back spasms stiffness pain what is going on
- Stiff neck and pain in upper back
- Lower back pain and stiffness
- What causes stiffness and pain on the lower back
- Pain in back of fullness and stiff
- Back pain and stiff neck
- What medication be taken for lower back pain and stiffness
- Abdominal pain and back stiffness
- Abdominal pain back pain stiff leg cause
- Stiff back pain