What causes stiff neck after travelling?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 28 Sep 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I retuned from 9000 ft in XXXXXXX 3 days ago to Albany New York after 5 weeks,I left with a stiff neck left side which seems to be a little worse. I am overly tired. Just slept 3 hours. Little energy. No temperature. No evidence of a tick bite. Joins feel ok. No nausea. Appetite ok.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Due to tiredness.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms that you are having are likely to be due to change and environment and tiredness. Taking a healthy diet and doing a regular mild exercise will help you feel better. You can also increase the intake of electrolyte rich fluids to decrease dizziness.
Since there is no fever or other suggestive symptoms there is no need to worry. You will feel better soon.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal