What causes sticky penis head with clear discharge?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Have no std. But have a sticky penis head all the time with clear discharge. Is there any creams that will help etc
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can try topical antibiotic with steroid ointment.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

I have read your query and understand the concern.

The clear sticky fluid or discharge from penis head can be a smegma which is a normal thing and is present normally in all males.

Many guys continue to leak what is called as pre-ejaculatory fluid both before and after ejaculation.

Since you have already ruled out chances of infection (STD),then I will think above possibility first.

For that,I would suggest you to try topical antibiotic with steroid ointment like Betamethasone and Neosporin (Betnovate-N) for local application over the glans of penis.

In addition,gently retract the penis foreskin and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin.It will be helpful to clear this excess smegma collection over glans.

Avoid using soaps as they may irritate the skin and make the inflammation worse.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Sandip Kabra 1 hour later
thanks for the quick response. I live in the UK so can I get this cream here or are there an alternative creams you recommend. and how long should I use the cream for
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can buy from pharmacy

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking again,

You can buy this cream some nearby pharmacy.
In case if the combination cream is not available then you can also apply neomycin cream which will also be available over the counter.

Apply this cream for initial 3 to 5 days twice daily and careful about the hygiene of the glans penis.

Hope this helps.

Dr.Sandip kabra