What causes sticky discharge from penis head?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Why is my penis head sticky? No infection found.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to inflammation of Glans Penis (Ballanitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed inflammation of Glans penis due to unprotected sex .

Though the swab test and culture are negative the excessive secretion of the mucus by Glans penis is due to persistent inflammation of glans penis .

You need to take anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac and Serropeptidase twice daily for 10 days .

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Could Balantis be the cause of my itchy scrotum and overactive bladder as well? If i caught it from unprotected sex, howcome antibiotics didnt get rid of it, if it was a bacteria infection? Also should i treat it as a possible yeast infection? Or just the anti inflammatory? Could a virus be causing this?Thanks.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ballanitis can not be cause for scrotal itching .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

The itching of the scrotum may be due to allergic reactio to mucus secrered by glans penis due to contamination of scrotal skin with secretion .

It is due to inflammation and may not be due to bacterial or viral infection ..
proper personal hygiene and anti inflammatory drug should help to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil. .
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 days later
Thank you. Ill go tomorrow and get a prescription for one of these. Im confused how i can have inflammation without an infection. This has also caused my cystitis to flare up. Any treatment options for cystitis that i could try? (Urinary frequency, itchy scrotum) thanks.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Detailed Answer:
The reasons for balanitis are not known sometimes besides infection there are pretty number of reasons skin conditions, such as atopic eczema, psoriasis, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus. In young boys, repeatedly playing with their foreskin during masturbation can cause.
The treatment of cystitis should be guided by a doctor entirely after confirmation. Please meet the doctor first and get the opinion right.

I am undergoing surgery so I would not be able to reply you sooner.

All the best for your treatment.

Dr. Patil.