What causes sticky anal discharge and gas?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: when using the rest room this am I went poo and when I wiped there was a bunch of jelly like substance and my poppers kinda lose a couple hours before that my poop was kinda hard just scares me I e never had jelly like substance from pooping I also have gas for the last two days I don't know if that has something to do with it or not
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM

Detailed Answer:
In most cases this is not indicating anything serious and this is seen in certain types of diet if you were taking sugar rich food and fats. You should try first with changing diietary habits,eat more fruits and vegetables and drink more fluids. Avoid fried food and food that makes you bloated. second most common cause is irritable bowel syndrome which can be aggravated by emotional or physical stress. This is usually self-limiting disease. Also,it can be caused by any bacteial inection and this should be considered if there is diarhheas and fever
More serious conditions such as ulcerative colitis or Crohns are less possible, but if this persists for more than 1 weeks,you should do colonoscoipy to rule these out.
Wish you good health. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 29 minutes later
I also take prolosac once a day and gavaston three times a day could this affect anything i dont eat fried anything but i do have sugar in my diet i drink mainly water and herbal tea wich i put sugar and honey in and i do eat sweets wich i can cut out
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 42 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
Well gavaston may cause such symptoms but you should continue taking it but maybe lower dosage. In every case try to reduce sugar rich food and fats. It should improve within 4-5 days. If fever,vomiting or diarrhea persist then you should do stool analysis. Wish you good health