• question-icon

What causes sticking of eyelids?

Posted on Thu, 11 Dec 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I just awoke at 3AM and my eyes felt stuck together. When I finally could open them, it is as if the whites of my eyes have turned to jelly..Or at least they are full of a jelly like substance..They are not very red and the pupil looks relatively ok..
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It indicates eye allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care Magic.

I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.

I reviewed your history.
It seems from the history that you are having swelling of conjunctiva following use of make up.
Since there is no redness, watering and discharge this rules out infection and this can be because if allergy to the make up.

This will resolve over 1 day.
Use of antiallergic eye drops and applying cold compression provides symptomatic relief.

If possible do send a photo of the affected eye so that I can confirm the diagnosis and advice you more accurately.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks like eye infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

Thank you for the follow up question.

I reviewed your history and the photo attached with the question.

It seems from the photo that there is swelling of the conjunctiva and matting of the eyelashes. This looks like there is secondary infection also.
I usually treat this condition with antibiotic eye drops like Moxifloxacin and antiallergic eye drops like olopatadine. Do consult your doctor for prescription of drugs.You will be fine in 1-3 days.
If you have or experience symptoms like blurring of vision, pain... consult your ophthalmologist for further examination and treatment.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards
Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist