What causes stale cigarette smoke smell in perspiration after an ostomy?
As discussed below.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
To recapitulate: Female/60 - ostomy due to rectal cancer - no symptoms of cancer - bm smell strongly of cigarette smoke - one month - non-smoker and no smokers around ..
This is very very rare history.
The probable causes can be as follows:
Overgrowth of gas producing bacteria in the intestine that produce gases smelling like a smoke.
If it is you alone that can smell smoke but no one else in family and friends smell such a thing then the another cause can be nasal problem that causes you to feel so. Rare but possibility should be borne in mind.
I would advise you the following:
Get the stool tests doe for a few times.
Ask others nearby whether they too can notice the same smell that you are smelling.
Stop some food articles like onion, garlic, preservatives that can have such altered smell.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Please give feedback.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cigarette smoking causes
- What causes dizziness after smoking a cigarette
- Cause of vomiting after cigarette smoking
- Smoke cigarette cause defecate
- What causes stale smelling urine
- Skunky smelling perspiration causes
- Cigarette smoking causes boils
- Smoking cigarettes cause weakness
- What is the cause of hyperventilating after smoking
- Cigarette smoking causing urination