What causes stabbing pain in the lower abdominal area?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: omg, really? are you really there?
I have a pain in the lower right abdominal area. It's a stabbing pain. I have been to ER twice. First they said it was a uterin fibroid infarction (Sept) Then said it was a hernia (October) Had hernia surgery December. Stabbing pain continues. It's not constant, but it is regular. I have lanicane patches to no avail. Just got out of the hospital for high WBC and had a 48 hour Club Med experience--it was actually quite nice being on pain meds and getting the antibiotic drips. Everybody was wonderful; however, they took care of the WBC, but didn't address the stabbing pain. It's hurting really badly right now. Some interesting info...it awakens me nightly stabbing me about the same time. Going to the bathroom doesn't help. It will pass after a couple of hours. It happens more days than not. While I can walk and do my job, it hurts to walk normally. It hurts to sit normally. Who can I see? Please be specific as to what type of doctor. The OBGYN isn't it. The Hernia gal isn't it. ER isn't it. XXXXXXX the Pain Guy isn't it. I'm frustrated and suffering. Can you help me? Can you tell me where to go next? I'd be eternally grateful. Thank you
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to see a surgeon

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) It could be renal colic - Renal stone. This needs to be identified by ultrasound scan and check if its there.

2) It could be appendix pain. Inflamed appendix causes this pain.

3) You need to see a general surgeon for this.

4) I wish to know what is the size of fibroid you have. Please upload report if you have. Because this does not sound like fibroid pain. I am a gynaecologist and can evaluate fibroid better.