What causes spotting, swollen feet, weight gain and fatigue post intake of Mifegest?
after taking the second dose i had heavy bleeding and also had heavy bleeding in my urine and blood clots and after 2 weeks when i checked my urine test it should showed me negative test for pregnancy but i had continued bleeding for 3 weeks after which i have again done the urine test again it showed me negative result.
Now i have only light blood spots some times but not heavy.
but i have experienced changes in my body. It seems like my feet are swallon little bit and i have gained little weight is this the side effects of the taking the pill and i feel tried.
kindly you please suggest me on this.
Mostly side effects of pill.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
Above clinical features are mostly due to hormonal imbalance, mental stress and water retention. These are quite common side effects of the pill, associated with medical abortion.
TREATMENT: 1) Take adequate bed rest, healthy diet with IRON supplements, maintain genital hygiene, LIMIT salt intake/ coffee, do regular walking for short distance.
2) Blood pressure should be checked. Blood sugar and Hemoglobin % should be done. Review with these test reports for further suggestions.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Thank you for your comments.
I again did the Urine test for pregnancy and it showed me negative again.
Doctor i want to ask you is there any other side effects of this pill i have taken.
Will there be any serious issues with my health with this pill like cancer or any other problems.
I have attached the picture of the Pregnancy test i today and it showed me negative.
This is the 3rd time i did the test and it showed me negative.
Not to worry. No relation with cancer.
Welcome back again.
Don't be worried much and there is NO relation of cancer or anything with the pill side effect.
As pregnancy test is NEGATIVE repeatedly, then abortion process is completed and it will take some time to recover fully. Follow previous advice.
One ultrasound scan is advisable to check for any kind of retained tissue etc. Review with test report.
Good luck and take care. Maintain genital hygiene properly.
Thank you for your prompt answer i feel better seeing your answers. Just that i feel very sleepy and tried i am taking proper diet and food with lots of water intake and fruit juice.
I shall do one scan and tell you about it. I am just afraid to visit the doctor.
Meanwhile i need to ask you one more question, After having a absorption or miscarriage is it possible that the person will put on some weight does the body change in any way. Does it effect my health in anyway in the future.
No ill-health effect in future due to MTP.
Welcome back again.
Individual's change in body weight depends on hormonal imbalance, stress, thyroid problem, over nutrition. Abortion process has little effect on it.
There is No ill-health effect in future due to medical abortion. You will get back to full recovery phase very soon. Don't be worried much.
Do ultrasound scan and review with report in the given link. Good luck.
Thank you for the reply.
I want to update you that today i visited the doctor and i had given blood test and i am waiting for the report. But the doctor said she needs to do a genital scan,and she asks me to come next week again. is it necessary to do a genital scan.
Since i don't have any discharge or any foul smell and i am maintaining genital hygiene always.
will wait for suggestion
TVS should be done to detect retained products.
Thanks for your input.
Trans vaginal ultrasound is more significant than abdominal scan. It will give more details information about retained products or placental tissue.
Review with test report for next level management (if required).
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck.
Thank you for your answer
1) I need to ask you if there is no sign of placental tissue what would be the next step?
2) And if there is a placental tissue then what would be the next step performed by the doctor?
D & C should be done if there is placental tissue.
Welcome back again.
1) If there is NO placental tissue, then you have NOTHING to do. Just start to take hormonal contraceptive pill (from D1 of next cycle) to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
2) If there is placental tissue or retained products inside uterine cavity, then surgical procedure (D & C) should be done to clear the same.
Hope, it clears your confusion. Good luck and take care.
Thanks you for replying to my message.
Doctor i have one more question
How is the D&C performed is it painful process? How long does it take to perform D&C?
can you please explain little about this?
D & C is done under anesthesia.
Welcome back again.
1) Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a small surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and a special instrument is used to scrape the uterine lining.
2) D & C is done under anesthesia. Therefore, you wouldn't feel any kind of pain during the procedure.
3) In general, D & C procedure takes up to 15-20 min or less. It depends on the amount of retained products or tissue inside uterine cavity.
Do you have gotten the ultrasound scan report ? If yes, then kindly attach it for review.
Hope, it helps for your information. Good luck. If you have any other query, you can directly ask me anytime.
Thanks for the reply
The doctor has asked me to come on Friday this week for the TVS scan. I shall visit the doctor and update you on this. I just pray that i don't have any complications.
Thanks for your prompt replies always
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eating meth causes swollen feet
- Can embolization cause swollen feet
- Causes swollen ankles and feet
- What causes weight gain and fatigue
- What could cause weight gain and fatigue
- Causes of swollen feet symptoms
- Can constipation cause swollen feet
- Swollen feet causes and treatment
- What could cause swollen and burnt feet and legs
- What causes chronic fatigue and slight weight gain