What causes spotting inspite of being of paragard?

Question
hey have a question and I m on paraguard I was 6 days late until today there was a little blood show I thought It was my period starting I guess I was wrong because when I put a pad on it was only like this discharge brown before you begin and end your period and that was it I have no blood coming down what can it be and should I go check my self last time that happen it was the same way a little bit one day and the second day came down heavy but this time around it's the second day and still no blood
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
premenstrual spotting

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
The iucd often causes premenstrual spotting where you can have spotting on and off for 3-4 days and later followed by moderate blood flow. Other than a minor nuisance it's harmless.
You can neglect it. Usually after a few cycles it disappears in most women.
If you don't get your regular flow in a day or 2 or the bleeding is very irregular then you will need further examination to check the threads of the IUCD.
Thanks
Dr XXXXXXX