What causes spotting between menstrual cycle?
Need further information.
Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
There are so many causes of intermenstrual bleeding but before giving my opinion I want to ask a few questions from you.
Are you achieve menopause or in perimenopausal stage?
Are you sexually active?
You are taking any type of birth control or any other medication?
Is it associated
with any other symptoms like vaginal discharge or pain.
Have you done your endometrial biopsy and ultrasound scan?
Please revert back to me with my answer.
Hope to hear from you soon.
You should consult another Gynaecologist.
Sorry for the delay in my response.
Perimenopause is the stage before a female achieve menopause.
Menopause usually occur between 45-55 yrs. of age.
As your examination and pap smear are normal may be spotting in between periods can be due to hormonal changes.
But in my opinion you should go for transvaginal ultrasound scan and if needed endometrial biopsy.
Stone usually does not cause vaginal spotting as it was already passed.
Hope it is useful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vomiting during the menstrual cycle
- What causes irregular menstrual cycles
- What causes headaches during menstrual cycle
- What is the cause of breathlessness during menstrual cycles
- What causes fast heartbeat during menstrual cycle
- What causes abnormal menstrual cycles
- What causes menstrual cycle changes
- What causes orange blood in menstrual cycle
- What causes spotting after the menstrual cycle
- What causes menstrual cycle headaches