What causes spotting after having postinor 2?
I took Postinor 2 24 hours after having unprotected sex. Today is the 6th day since taking it and I am bleeding. I had some spotting yesterday, but today I have a much heavier flow (similar to my usual period). Has my period come early due to taking Prostinor 2? (I'm not due for another 11 days). And if so, can i start taking the daily combined contraceptive pill today (day 1 of my period)? Thank you
WITHDRAWAL BLEEDING (SAME TO PERIOD).
Thanks for writing to us.
1) Taking POSTINOR-2 pill after 24 hrs of unprotected sex will give more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy. In this context, your chance of pregnancy is EXTREMELY LOW.
2) You get withdrawal bleeding on 6th day due to effect of Postinor-2 and it is QUITE COMMON and PHYSIOLOGICAL phenomena. Most women get this type of bleeding.
3) Yes, you can start to take combined contraceptive pill from today (D1) and continue them as directed.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes abdominal pain after taking postinor
- Postinor 2 causes breakouts
- What causes stomach aches and stomach bloating after taking postinor
- Will postinor cause delay in periods
- Anovulatory bleeding caused by postinor
- Postinor causing miscarriage
- What does an asprin cause after taking postinor 2
- Postinor cause irregular menstruation
- Postinor 2 causing stomach
- Postinor causes irregular menstrual