Owl Image

What causes spots on the scrotum?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
I have little black spots on my scrotum the size of pin heads I just noticed them this week
Sat, 27 Jan 2018 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be mostly Sebaceous Cysts.

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .Based on the facts that you have posted black spots on the scrotal wall are mostly Sebaceous Cysts .

The scrotal skin is rich in sebaceous glands and hence prone to get more sebaceous cyst due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.Normally they fade away without treatment however they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.

Consult qualified General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and further treatment.
If needed some of them which are bigger may need to get excised in Toto (Completely along with the sac)

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.