What causes spot on penis with negative STD test?

Excellent

Question
Hi I have a spot on my penis, it is a single spot. I have tested negative for any STDs 2 years ago ago and haven't had sex since. I am not sure when this spot came around I think few months after having sex. I hasn't popped up or anything like that, doesn't itch or hurt.

Possibly related, I have been ill since 2 months after having sex for the last time and have throat problems, and a lot more, but for now I would like to ask about the spot on my penis.
It kind of looks like a blister, but it hasnt really changed over the past months, so its never popped. Furthermore it doesnt hurt. Looks like it has fluid in it though.

Thanks.
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unlikley to be related to an STD

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this spot. I have taken a look and it is not suggestive of any known sexually transmitted disease presentation to me. I have certainly seen all the clinical presentation of all STDs and this is no one of them.

This looks more like a cystic lesion on the surface of the skin. I will suggest that you get it popped or excised.It is unlikely to disappear all by itself and you should take active measures to get it off. The most likely would be a minor surgical procedure. Talk to a dermatologist or urologist for this.

In all, unrelated to STDs. Likely a cystic lesion and would not disappear spontaneously. Seek medical attention for this to be taken off through a minor surgical procedure.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Follow-up: What causes spot on penis with negative STD test? 19 hours later
Thank you very much. I will do this.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks!

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for this follow up.

Let me hear from you when you get this figured out.

I wish you well.